Chandigarh is the capital of Punjab and Haryana and is located on the foothills of Himalayas’ Shivalik range. The city is known for its greenery and cleanliness. It was designed by a French architect, Le Corbusier in the year 1950. It is a well-organised city that experiences pleasant weather throughout the year.
The roads within and outside the city are well kept, and the pollution in the city is low as compared to other cities in the country.Chandigarh is not very far from Delhi. You can take a domestic flight, bus, cab or train to Chandigarh.
Places to Visit in Chandigarh
If you are planning to spend your weekend trip in Chandigarh, then you can visit many attractive places.
- Nek Chand’s Rock Garden is a must-visit. It is full of sculptures made of waste materials such as broken glasses, bangles, etc. It is located near Sukhnalake.
- Sukhnalake is a reservoir that has small boats and is popular for ferrying tourists or visitors for a tour of the lake while best beaches in spain enjoying the view of the city. It is also a perfect place for morning and evening walks.
- If you are in Chandigarh, then you have to visit the Rose Garden. It is a botanical garden that has various kinds of roses and other flowers. It covers a wide area with various types of plants, and you can also sit on the benches to enjoy the view of the garden.
- You can also indulge atthe local dhabas that offer authentic Punjabi food that can make you drool.
- You can also visit Morni Hills, an ideal place for trekking, rock climbing, picnic, etc.
- Take a trip tothe art gallery and museum to see the collection of antiques, ancient coins, paintings, etc.
- Cactus garden is another place to visit that houses many varieties of cacti that are a great attraction for visitors and botanists.
- Looking for places to shop? Chandigarh has shopping arcades where you can buy various things. You can also visit Shastri market where you can get traditional Punjabi clothes, clothes for children, jewellery, etc.
- You can also take your kids to Fun City that has varieties of rides and places to eat.
There are 3 ways that you can reach Chandigarh from Delhi. Chandigarh to Delhi flights take only about an hour. You can also travel by trains that take approximately 3 – 4 hours to reach Chandigarh or drive down if you like to enjoy long drives and the views on your way. It takes about 5 hours to reach Chandigarh by road.a