Becoming a doctor is the one of the prestigious acts a human being can be. It takes honor, grit, and stamina to clear medical education. Throughout the world, Abroad MBBS degree is of the highest importance. Russia is one such country which provides that.
Russia is well-known to the world for possessing one of the busiest metros in Moscow. Furthermore, it has 12 active volcanoes, strong belief system in superstitions, and an ocean of literature.
Let’s find out the prerequisites to acquire an MBBS in Russia.
- You must be 17 to 25 years old.
- Basic marks- For a general category, 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology both in 10th and 12 grades. For backward classes or reserved categories like SC/ST/OBS, 45% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology both in 10th and 12 grades.
- No need to clear competitive exams like IELTS or TOEFL. NEET is compulsory.
- Your medium of education must be in English.
- The course duration is 5 years +1 year of clinical internship
- The cost of living in Russia is around 30,000 to50,000 INR per month.
- The universities of Russia are recognized by WHO, MCI, NMC, and UNESCO.
What are the documents required?
- Valid passport
- Scanned mark sheets of 10th and 12th grades
- Birth certificate
- Migration certificate
- A medical certificate that mentions you don’t have AIDS, and you have received all the vaccinations
- 4 passport size photos
- Ardently filled application form
- Admission invitation letter from the university you will be joining
- Scanned copies of qualified NEET exam
- Letter of authorisation of all documents from Ministry of External Affairs
- Receipt of University and 1st year tuition fees
- Receipt of payment of the fees of visa
- Proof of legalization of documents from Russian Embassy
- Air tickets
- Bank statement of your guardian showing proof that you can give your tuition fees and bear the cost of living
Which all universities can you apply for an MBBS in Russia?
- Altai State Medical University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Belgorod State University
- Chenchen State University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Ivanovo State Medical Academy
- Kabardino Balkarian State University
- Mari State University
- National Research Nuclear University
- Northern State Medical University
- Russian National Research Medical University
- Moscow State Medical University
- Tula State University
- Ural State Medical University
- Yaroslavi State Medical University
Why should you choose Russia to study MBBS abroad?
Here are the reasons-
- Affordable and quality medical education
- MBBS from Russia gets recognition all over the globe. An MBBS graduate from Russia can practice wherever they like.
- All the medical universities in Russia have advanced teaching systems that are technically-backed.
- The campus provides Indian mess for students hailing from India.
- Russia has a proper Indian hostel with Indian food – vegetarian and non-vegetarian for the Indian students.